Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Testimony And The plan Of Salvation

When we begin in life, we have a goal. Survive.  Live life to the fullest because when it ends it ends and there is nothing left. That is what most believe in. A life without purpose, meaning, or true happiness because you are just a randomly made creature no different than the dog you feed every day. This is the outlook of the world that you live in. Here is my outlook. When I begin my life, I am lost. No hope for tomorrow and no happiness today. Then I found a light in this world that brought me life that I had never hoped to find. My life now has purpose and meaning and true happiness. My life is special in God's eyes and I am loved by the CREATER GOD! He sent his only Son to die the most painful death imaginable to man and He did it just for me. Now tell me, which do you believe?
When I was 4 years old I had made a proffesion of faith, but I did not truly understand what God had done for me. Then when I was about 12 I realized I was not saved, but my pride kept me from admitting it. For about a year I would go to bed at night wodering if I would wake up in Hell. I thank God He didn't just kill me then. After a year or so of this I was old enough to go to teen camp for the first time. I was excited. That had been my dream since I ws little. All I wanted to do was go and have fun. But what happened when I got there was unexpected. That Tuesday morning we had chapel services. Bro. Jerry Ross preached about the five essential steps in getting saved, and I realized right there that there was no point n letting my pride keep me from going to heaven. I went forward and got saved in a camp chapel in Iowa. Praise God! I am not perfect. I am a sinner. But I am saved and on my way to heaven. No longer to stay up at nights worrying about death. Through the 2 or so years since pride has continued to get in my way as I try to serve God. Through God I shall overcome for God is greater than my sin. He is greater than your sin to. If you are not saved and you want to be saved, than here is what to do. First, you must admit you are a sinner. The Bible says in Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."I don't know about you but I've stolen pieces of candy before. God calls even  the little white lie you told a sin that will send you to Hell. Also, you must realized there is a wage to pay for your sin. In Romans 6:23a the Bible says "For the wages of sin is death...". Sin comes with a price to pay. Yes, physical death is a side effect of sin, the death spoken of in his verse is indicating spiritual death. Eternal seperation from God on earth and when we die, in Hell. God is holy and therefore cannot allow you or your sin into heaven. God wants to fellowship with you but he cannot. So God came up with a plan to save mankind from their sin. In Romans 5:8 the Bible says "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Also back to Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." So God, to reconcile man to himself, made the ultimate sacrifice in sending Jesus Christ, his only begotten son, to take our place and die on a cross so you and I can be forgiven. of our sins and go to heaven. Throughout time itself man has yet to fully comrehend the love God has for them. Jesus died, took our sins and laid them on himself, died a horrible death, was buried. That i not the end though. For salvation's plan to be complete, one more miracle would take place and change the course of man's destiny. Jesus, buried in a tomb for three days, all God, all human, conquered death and hell, rising from the dead. He took the blood he had shed on the cross up to heaven and laid it on the altar, saying to God, "It is finished. I have paid the debt for man's sin. I have made it possible to man to be spiritually alive again. Here is my blood sacrifice. Man can be saved."  God did all the work on Calvary. All you have to do is accept the gift God is offering to you. You may say "How do I accept his gift?" Well, in Romans 10:9 the Bible states "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thy hear that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Also in Romans 10:13  the Bible says " For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."  Just ask God to forgive you of your sins and take you to heaven when you die. If you truly believe that the Bible is true and you have truly asked God to forgive you, you are saved and on your way to heaven. If you have done this, leave a comment and let me know. Don't stop at being saved though. You are on your way to heaven and nothing can change that, but now you need to serve God. He did so much for you and you have a lot to look forward to and be thankful for, but don't you think you should try and thank him through service to him. Find a good Baptist church near you.(I might be able to help you with that as well) and start attending faithfully. God will show you what to do and how to grow. Most importantly, READ THE BIBLE AND PRAY. Get a good King James Bible 1611 Authorized version and pray asking God to show you how to grow through his Word. If you have any questions, please leave a comment, I will get back to you. Please don't put of getting saved, no one knows how long they have left on this earth. I'm on my way to heaven. Are you?

(All Scripture is quoted from the King James Bible 1611 Authorized version)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment